Sunday 7 October 2012

Behind the Stitches of... Scarf Yarn

Our new colours
Behind the stitches is where we allow you to take a look into Castle Stores and our products so lets have a look behind the stitches at our scarf yarn.

Casting On
Hello there, well we have stocked this scarf yarn for a while and everyone else here has had a go, so I thought it was about time that I tried it too.  Last week we got yet more new colours of the scarf yarn and I have had a go one of them.  It was easy to cast on all I had to do was put my needle through eight loops, then I simply turned the needle round and started knitting (see Bottom Right).

Next I knit each stitch on the needle with a loop from the thin edge of the yarn.  Then I continued this way until the ball of yarn was nearly used up.  Finally I cast off and sew in the end of the yarn and then I had finished!




You can see on the left what two of the new colours knit up like.
It is a simple, effective and fashionable yarn which is easy to knit.
I hope that you have enjoyed a look behind the stitches I will be doing more soon.

Find More behind the stitches action Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, we welcome comments here!